Nasser Junior: The Comics Engineer
Mohammed Nasser, almost 22, currently studying computer and communication in Faculty of Engineering Alexandria University. You might be wondering, what does this have to do with what you are currently doing? Nothing. Still, I believe if I haven`t been to this college, I would not have gone so far in comics. I don`t know, it is complicated.
- How and when did you know that you want to be a comic-maker? And what exactly was the turning point that led to your social media fame?
Since my early childhood, I used to draw small comic strips using Pen and paper; I was inspired by kids` magazines, like Majed Bolbol and Mickey, which I used to buy on a weekly basis. In 2011 I posted my first comic on Facebook. I started making comics about IGCSE -which I was studying then- and colleagues in my school and other schools started to know me. When I went to college I started to make comics about it and more people started to relate, and I started being known more, and people started sharing my stuff more and more and that`s how it began.
(Click the photos for a better view)
- Do you plan on making a future career shift, or do you plan on having a career in both fields? And what if you had to choose?
I am trying to get the best of both worlds, like studying game developments, which needs both programming and drawing skills. If I had to choose I would want to choose the comic field, but you know I am a guy looking for a well paid job to start my own life, which I don`t think will be available in the comics field in Egypt.
- Who is your favorite cartoonist or comic-maker? And who is your role model in life in general?
Sara Andersen, she is so funny and her drawings are so simple yet awesome. And my role model in life is, wait for it… BATMAN
- What are your future plans? How are you going to take your talent to the next level?
In the future I am considering making a book containing comics like the ones I’m posting; like Sarah Andersen’s book “Adulthood is a myth”. But I’m just waiting till my drawing skills get better and better.
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I just want to thank all my followers and fans, it really makes me happy when you guys love my work. You guys are awesome. حب جامد
For more of Nasser’s work, follow him on his twitter account: @Nasser_Junior
And on Facebook: Mohammed Nasser (Nasser Junior)